That Girl Thing

Proverbs 31:30 “Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.”

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Being alone the rest of the story

This is a continuation of what I talked about at camp on Saturday night. I talked about being alone at school and in my faith.

At school I didn't help my situation. I looked at myself as the other people did. I told myself that no one wanted to be my friend or talk to me becasue of the way I dressed and looked and acted. One reason I looked at myself as others did is I didn't see myself fitting in with anyone at school so I stayed away. Another reason I looked at myself as others did is that a lot of people did try to tell me that I needed to change and tried to get me to do things that I knew were wrong. If I stayed away from them they couldn't tell me that. Still I could have done more to not feel so left out. There were some people who would have been nice to me and at least sat with me at lunch but I stayed away most of the time. That left me feeling alone almost all of the time.

I didn't really read my bible a whole lot but there were Christian things that got me through high school. Aside from camp there were things I heard on the radio. I heard someone say one day that girl's are God's princesses so I told myself that I was special to Him and that I was His princess. As silly as it sounds that helped. Another thing that helped was songs on the radio. I listened to Christian radio a lot. One song that I haven't heard in a long while but it came on occasionally when I was in high school was the song I'm not Cool by Scott Kirppayne. I loved that song becasue I could identify with it and it reminded me that God doesn't care if I fit into a certain crowd, how I dress, how I look or things like that, He just cares about me.

Most girls want friends, they want to fit in, and a lot of girls will do what it takes to fit in with the popular crowd. My advice to everyone is be yourself and don't try to do things to fit in. At the same time though don't look down on yourself, if you do you will find it hard to make friends. There is always someone out there who you can get along with even if you are a little different than them. Look for other Christians to encourage you, and encourage other Christiasn. Most of all remember God loves you no matter how you dress, look, or act and you belong to Him.

Ronda Putnam
Staff at TGT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home